Silver Plated finish, NOT as Gold plated images below.
Schagerl is well-known for giving the best and most innovative musical instruments to the Brass Players of the world. But from now on, there is a new, revolutionary mouthpiece available: the 'Apredato' Mouthpiece by Schagerl. It was developed with input from Prof. Hans Gansch (former Principal Trumpet of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra) and Thorsten Benkenstein (Lead Trumpet, North German Broadcast Big Band Hamburg/Germany).
The starting point to design this mouthpiece was the wish of most trumpet players to have a fuller, darker sound and a deep, resonant sound quality without quitting their usual rim and cup.
The design of the 'Apredato'-Mouthpiece seems to be like a heavy-mouthpieces like other manufacturers make them. But these mouthpiece are often difficult to play with more resistance than normal mouthpieces. Not the Apredato: it is light-weight and not difficult to play.
How could Schagerl make this real? The solution for this was found after an intensive developing process: the „Apredato" is now a normal mouthpiece which mass is reduced to a minimum. Then an attachment is fitted and filled up with water. The attachment is waterproof-coated to prevent corrosion and sealed with rubber to prevent run out of the water.
In comparision to a normal mouthpiece, the sound of the Apredato Mouthpiece is darker, very rich and a huge volume of tone. It´s also preferred by trumpeters in a Big Band who like its "fat" sound.
- Open your cup (counter-clockwise) until you feel a little obstacle and fill it completely with water.
- Now wheel the cup until the needless water is gone and only a few droplets stay inside (the cup and the backbore should touch the ground)
- Just take the cup and do not change the angle.
- Now close the cup clockwise.
- Attention! Do not close the cup completly.
- There should be a little space left between the cup and the rim.
- The water should be changed regularly.