Features of Fibracell Reeds:
Why does Fibracell sound so good? Because it?s not plastic and it?s not cane. It?s the most highly developed composite structure ever engineered for woodwinds!
With Fibracell Reeds you get:
- The same "woody" tone as cane but with better sound projection.
- A reed that is great for doublers because it does not require soaking.
- A reed that is playable in all weather conditions, not affected by heat or humidity.
- A reed that doesn?t swell, warp or soften when wet.
- A reed that lasts up to six times longer than cane with no unplayable reeds, making it less expensive to use than cane.
- Quick response for better articulation, excellent pitch stability and intonation in all ranges, even for the clarinet.
- Brilliant overtones for a full, vibrant, resonant tone.
- A reed with the same weight and stiffness as cane ? cane floats and so does Fibracell (try that with a plastic reed!)
- A reed that keeps its shape and retains resiliency longer than cane.
- Outstanding durability, due to a bonded film on the bottom that helps resist tip splitting.