We invite you to bring your new instrument back to us up to three times
within the first 12 months for FREE maintenance.
Woodwind Instrument Schedule.
- 2 to 8 weeks, call in for its first check over for regulation and adjustments.
(Done while you wait, usually takes about 15 minutes)
- About 6 months, call in for its second regulation and adjustments as required.
(Done while you wait in most cases, usually takes about 15 to 30 minutes)
- On or before 12 months, we will regulate, adjust and lubricate all mechanisms as required.
(Leave it with us for 24 hours)
Brasswind Instrument Schedule.
- 8 weeks, call in for its first check over for lead pipe flush and valve / rotor alignment check. If valve /rotor alignment is out, felts or bumpers will be replaced from a more stable material or shimmed. We make felts and regulate the thickness in-house, no generic, inaccurate felts are used.
(Done while you wait, usually takes about 20 minutes)
- About 6 months, call in for its second check over, lead pipe flush and main tuning slide.
(Done while you wait in most cases, usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes)
- On or before 12 months, check seal on water key corks, entire instrument flushed and valve strokes regulated and adjusted as required.
(Leave it with us for 24 hours)
It is Very Important your new instrument is maintained within the first year of playing.
We provide this service free of charge!
All new instruments require adjustments during the playing in period as pads, felts and corks may compress.
Key regulation and adjustments will be required on all woodwind instruments during the first 12 months of playing.
If these are not attended to, the player may not enjoy the instrument to its full potential.
Brasswind instruments require less attention as there are comparitively fewer moving parts to woodwind instruments, but there are other factors to be considered, such as valve / rotor stroke alignment, water key seating and mouthpiece gap and flushing.
This does not cover general servicing if required.
All Brass and Woodwind instruments require annual servicing when played on a regular basis.
We offer our extended service plans with discounted prices.
You can take out a service plan when purchasing your new instrument as an extra cost.
We are Authorised Service Agents for all the major brands we sell, including -
Yamaha, Buffet, Selmer, Bach, Jupiter, Pearl flutes, Haynes flutes, B&S, King, Conn and more.
Each new instrument is covered by a manufacturer's warranty which covers manufacturing defects, but does not cover general or major maintenance.
- Damage caused by abuse, accidental, intentional or otherwise
- Repair of finish of lacquer or plated surfaces (outside of manufacturer’s warranty)
- Cost of parts used in the repair / servicing process, such as pads, springs, felts, corks and alike.
- Accessories originally sold with instrument including the case
All maintenance, servicing and or repair work must be performed by the store the instrument was purchased from, any unauthorized work will not be reimbursed and may cause your plan to be terminated.
You are responsible for all shipping/insurance fees to get the instrument to the store.
We will cover the return cost via Registered Australia Post.
Items too large to send via post will be excluded from our free return offer.
For any further info, Contact us here