RUTH BONETTI, M.Mus., ARCM (London), A.Mus.A
Whether you present through Words or Music, Ruth’s books, workshops and coaching can help you perform with confidence. She gives proven techniques to conquer performance anxiety – that Number One Fear in society.
RUTH’S WORDS & MUSIC
As author/editor of ten books, Ruth Bonetti has been published by a large publishing house (Oxford University Press; Enjoy Playing the Clarinet with its accompanying piano book) and a smaller niche publisher (Albatross Books published Taking Centre-Stage; How to survive and enjoy performing in public which is now republished as Confident Music Performance) Read more.
She was Editorial Consultant for the Australian Music Examinations Board Clarinet Syllabus books, grades 1-4, published by Allans Publishing.
She published three books through her own imprint, Words and Music:
• Confident Music Performance; Fix the fear of facing an audience
• Practice is a Dirty Word; How to clean up your act
• Don't Freak Out - Speak Out; Public speaking with confidence More info
As an Arts journalist, Ruth regularly posts theatre reviews for StageDiary.com and writes book reviews for The Courier Mail and other media. Ruth has had numerous articles published in arts and general press (more details).
Ruth presents workshops and keynotes in:
• Music and other performing arts; sessions motivate students to practise in busy lifestyles and give practical advice to prepare them for confident performance
• Education; Professional Development workshops and conferences revitalise, reinforce and teachers
• Business and corporate; Training and consultation sessions assist with presentation, whether to large or small audiences or one-on-one customer relations – in formal presentations, board room or team meetings and face-to face sales or reception skills.
In workshops, Ruth presents a unique blend of expertise drawing on her background in performance; she illustrates stories with her acting and artistic abilities, giving lively, content-rich presentations that appeal to all learning styles. She has presented and performed extensively in Europe (she speaks German, French and Swedish) and Australia, and her American seminars were repeated by popular demand.
Ruth learned to conquer the platform jitters in her international career as a professional musician; during her interactive presentations, she demonstrates projection, timbre and posture by playing her clarinet.
A Music Performance graduate of the University of Queensland (B.Mus. and M.Mus.), Ruth further studied, performed and taught during seven years in Europe. Her teaching experience spans tertiary, secondary and primary education including 15 years Adjunct Lecturer in clarinet and pedagogy at Queensland Conservatorium, Griffith University and adjunct teaching in Sweden, France, Germany and England. She is an experienced adjudicator and has examined for the Australian Music Examinations Board during the past 15 years.Read more
Ruth performs with Brisbane Symphony Orchestra under the baton of music director Antoni Bonetti and together with husband Antoni, in Quartetto Bonetti.
Ruth is now a full time speaker and writer, travelling extensively to present her seminars across Australia and internationally